About Islamic Relief Worldwide
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmed.
As Islamic Relief Worldwide Afghanistan provide all talents the means to progress and grow professionally by taking heed of our core values Sincerity, Excellence, Custodianship, Compassion and Social Justice, we have initiated the Young Professionals Development Program (YPDP) that serves the purpose of filling future positions within different departments as well increase the employability of young graduates in the local market. The aim of this program is to deploy talent pool, well developed in all aspects both technical as well as behavioral/life skills. It also renders them the opportunity to nurture their skills and share their knowledge and experience within a specific context.
The interns hired in any area of Support Teams (HR, Finance, Supply Chain and MEAL) will be provided the exposure of all the relevant functions carried out by the mentioned teams and will be given the opportunity to practice the related activities in one of the specific areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To perform any Intern duties as set out in the agreed roles description/TORs, to best ability.
- To adhere to the organization’s rules and procedures, Code of Conduct, including health and safety, equal opportunities, and confidentiality of organization.
- To meet time and duty commitments as agreed with assigned supervisor / manager in the attached roles description, except in exceptional circumstances e.g. sickness duly approved by the team lead.
- Fresh graduate in BBA, Agriculture, Education, Medical, Economics, and Public Administration, Civil Engineering, Journalism and any other relevant field.
- Competent IT skills – MS Office
- Good written and spoken English language.
- Strong command on both local languages.
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Islamic Relief Worldwide.
- Committed & detail oriented.
- Good team player.
- Be able to work under pressure.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following link: